Sunday 29 June 2008

Northern Ireland - Belfast

On my recent trip to Northern Ireland, I spent a night in Belfast. Arriving there in the evening, and leaving next morning, I didn't see too much, but did visit the Belfast city hall.

The city hall in Durban, South Africa is almost an exact replica of Belfast's City Hall. It was built in 1910 and designed by Stanley G. Hudson, who was inspired by the Belfast design. I would never have known this if some kind person hadn't stuck a cache here!

In the middle photo you can see the Belfast Eye. They seem to like their Eyes around here. Greenwich is getting its own Eye now as well.



2 comments:

Graeme said...

yes, indeed, it does look rather like the South African version! not than I have seen that in quite a while. never been to nothern ireland, i would like to visit it one day...

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr Russell. Fancy me cathing you on your blogg.. quite marvelous and I'm glad you have'nt lost your sense of Humor.. Drop me a mail sometime.. Regards, Eric Mudoni.. eric_mudoni@yahoo.com