Saturday 20 July 2013

Lugano

Last week I went to visit Marcel in Lugano, Switzerland for a few days. Marcel is living in a  lovely old converted Mill, which used to be Robert Palmer's house!
As it was so darn hot, we tended to spend most of the time relaxing around the pool, which was sure pleasant!

 View from my room


 Marcel's girlfriend Mary.



 There were lots of interesting bugs around - plenty of spiders! We also had a deer run through the garden, as well as an elusive red squirrel.





Mary is an amazing cook, so we were treated to some fantastic food. Sadly I didn't get many photos of her meals, but even her salsa above made nachos a whole new experience!

 Some interior decor


 Pool at night

 Marcel and I went to find a geocache just up from the house, where we had these lovely views.


My bedroom, the luxurious "red room"

7 comments:

Graeme said...

Wow, how's that bed!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that Mary Ambrose, Robert Palmers widow?

Nicolas Martin said...

Mary Ambrose was never Robert’s girlfriend, much less his wife.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your photos of the Mill near Lugano as I was looking for it to see how much it had changed My grandparents renovated it from a ruin and built the pool etc, we used to go there when we were children and Robert Palmer bought it from my grandparents. Lovely to see it,many happy childhood memories from there!! Thanks so much, Georgia.

Brack said...

I recently found these pics after hearing Robert reference the property in some old interviews. It sure seemed like a great place to get away! Georgia, did you ever meet Robert? I rediscovered his music after listening a great deal in college and realized how much I missed him! I never got to see him live but enjoy the old songs.

Anonymous said...

To 'Nicholas Martin' (though you don't seem to exist anywhere) - Mary Ambrose was Robert Palmer's girlfriend.

Unknown said...

I heard Mary was sent a cease and desist letter to stop making those claims.