Friday 4 February 2011

Skiing Val Thorens

This year I did the improver ski course, and while I was one of the best in the beginner course this year, this time there were people who had been skiing since they were 5, so I was in the bottom of the group.
That coupled with my 3 week old cough, and ski boots so painful I could not walk made it hard going, and those long reds really took it out of me, but it was great fun alll the same!

My roomies strike a pose.

Swedish viking, Rasmus

The group admires the view.


Thats a lot of snow!

Catching some sun!


Our intrepid guide.

Chiho and I decided to bunk the last 2 days of lessons together, so we can just relax and fun.



Seems I got a bit sunburnt, despite the -15 degrees




High action stopping from Chiho!

Joel strikes a pose



1 comment:

Graeme said...

Beautiful scenery. Skiing looks so fun, I must try it one of these days.