Wednesday 7 August 2013

Geneva 1

Don't be fooled by my previous photos I have been posting in Switzerland, this visit to Geneva was a separate trip 3 weeks later. To go to Switzerland, you need to fly to Italy, and to go to France, you need to fly to Switzerland - funny world!
Anyway, Ian and I stopped off in Geneva for a few hours on the way to a mixed mountain course in France.


 It was super hot, so getting drenched by these jets was jolly refreshing!


 United Nations headquarters

 The big chair outside the UN, an anti-landmine symbol - as the chair has lost a leg.

 Ian tries to prop the chair up.


 The Swiss love their watches - their must have been about 20 watch shops in a 100m stretch of road, not sure how so many people can be buying watches! I really loved this ad!

 The  area around the Catherdral was lovely, really wonderful shades of browns and a great old feel I did not expect to find in Geneva.


 This statue was great, I loved its moodiness





No comments: