Sunday 11 August 2013

Chamonix - Rock Climbing

The first day of our mountain course in Chamonix was rock climbing. Ian and I were in a group with 4 French girls who did not speak so much English (neither did our guide), so trying to communicate was fun, and we just smiled and nodded in what looked like the right place when the guide gave instructions.

 Charlotte and Sandra practising some via ferrata techniques.

 Marion looking stern

 Bernard the guide


 Ian showing his skills on a tricky route


 My big problem when I climb is my hands getting sweaty, and alas, there was no chalk available, so here is a typical pose of me wiping my hands on my butt mid-climb.

 Don't look down!

 Success!

 What could Ian and Bernard be looking at?

 Ahh thats what - a mega long way down! You can just see them at the top of the abseil.

 Ian coming down

 Me coming down


 Morgane


 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also went climbing on day 5, just to relax a bit after a tough week, although we did push some nice tricky climbs.

 Sandra in mid fall


 tricky layback


1 comment: