Saturday 27 September 2014

Highgate cemetary

A few weeks back I went to Highgate Cemetary. I have wanted to go see it for a while, as it is famous for its old run down feel with amazing crypts. Sadly it turned out it is split into 2 sections, and the really interesting side is only open at certain times on guided tours, so I only got to go to the less interesting side.
So, here are some photos, although they are not all that great - can't win em all.

 Karl Marx is the famous chap everyone comes to see

 Stoney, the inventor of Hovis bread!











1 comment:

Graeme said...

Nice and run down and overgrown. Graveyards are kind of cool. Morbid thought, I know!) I find they remind me of the fleetingness of it all, and a reason not to take life so seriously. After all, you'll never get out of it alive ... Having said that, I've made a pact with myself to live forever. Or die in the attempt :)